The past 30 of June , the University Miguel Hernández UMH, invested Francisco Ivorra Miralles Doctor Honoris Causa in the closing ceremony of the academic year 2015-2016. The academic event took place from 12:00 am. in the Salón de Actos of the Rector and Social Council building of Elche (Spain) UMH. Different personalities from the academic sector took part of the closing ceremony next to Mariano Pérez Arroyo and Joaquín Rueda Puente who acted as godfathers of the vested Honoris Causa.
What are the contributions of Francisco Ivorra Miralles, Doctor Honoris Causa by the UMH?
- Francisco Ivorra Miralles has a Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia (1974).
- He did the MIR in the Service of internal Medicine at the General University Hospital of Alicante (Spain).
- Later, he specialized in Rheumatology and Rehabilitation.
- He joined ASISA in 1980 and after that was elected province Medical Delegate of ASISA in Alicante (Spain).
- In 1981, during the V General Assembly of the Cooperative, was elected member of the Rector Council of Lavinia-ASISA,
- In 1987 he was appointed Director responsible of the Commercial Area of ASISA y,
- In 1998, he was appointed Managing Director.
- Today is President of Lavinia-ASISA since 2003.
- D. Francisco Ivorra Miralles is currently President and Manager of ASISA Group
What activities took place during the celebration of the act of Francisco Ivorra Miralles Doctor Honoris Causa by the UMH?
In addition to the already academic distinction mentioned and of recognition to the special merits of doctor Ivorra Miralles, took place the delivery of the Extraordinary Awards of the Degree and Master’s Degree for 76 students of the University Miguel Hernández. The academic year closing ceremony continued in the “Salón de Actos” of the Rector and Social Council building of the UMH with distinction to the winners of the XIII Innova Emprende. The contest is developing through of the University Entrepreneurs Program (PEU) and the Observatorio Ocupacional of University Miguel Hernández.