The group Gadea, composed by several researchers of the UMH and the UA, organized the V Seminar of research under the title “New borders in the History of Medicine and the Health Sciences” on December 16. The event was attended by professors, researchers of Alicante public universities, as well as large crowd that met.
Where did the seminar New frontiers in the History of Medicine and Health Sciences take place?
The seminar was held in the central Sede of Altamira in the University of Alicante at 9:00 am.
Main objectives of the Seminar NEW FRONTIERS IN THE HISTORY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
Initially, the seminar was established as a meeting forum aimed at enriching the international historiographical debates in various fields of the history of the current Public Health, mainly in different lines:
- the eradication of diseases
- physical disabilities
- lhealth policies
- education for health
- contraception and sexuality
Therefore, matters belonging to several research projects developed by the Group GADEA (Alicante Group of Advanced Studies of the History of Medicine and Health).
In addition, in the event also the presentation of the book took place “Policy, health and disease in Spain between development and democratic transition” from 6:45 pm. The event was attended by various personalities such as:
Participants in the seminar NEW BORDERS HISTORY MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Enrique Perdiguero, professor of History of Science of the University Miguel Hernández (UMH), and editor of the publication;
- Josep Bernabeu, director of the Department of Community Nursing, Preventive Medicine and Public Health and History of Science at the UA;
- Ildefonso Hernández, director of the Department of Public Health, History of Science and Gynecology at UMH
Además, here you can see here the program of the Seminar New frontiers in the History of Medicine and Health Sciences in pdf