Who have participated in the development of the Department of Community Medicine, UMH and Reproductive Health?
The project of higher education studies is led by doctor Rafael Bernabeu. The University Miguel Hernández of Elche (Spain) and the Instituto Bernabeu of Alicante have carried out an agreement for the creation of the Chair of Community Medicine and Reproductive Health. The agreement has been signed recently by Jesús Pastor, rector de la UMH and by dr. Rafael Bernabeu, director of the Instituto Bernabeu.
The main objective focuses on training, research, development and dissemination of the Family and Community Medicine as well as reproductive applied to the field of reproduction.Both institutions are committed to establish the material and personal resources to fulfill these objectives. The chair calls the begining of different training activities of:
- research, organization of seminars, conferences and other activities of reporting on this area.
All them van aimed mainly to doctors and professionals in Primary Care.
The staff of the Chair of Community Medicine UMH and Reproductive Medicine will be headed by doctor Bernabeu. In addition, it will be Domingo Orozco Beltrán, professor of the Department of Clinical Medicine of the UMH, his co-director. On the other hand, Advisory Council will be composed by:
- Manuel Jordá, vice-rector of research and innovation of the UMH
- Andrea Bernabeu, gynecologist of the Instituto Bernabeu and PhD by the UMH;
- Concepción Carratalá, secretary of the Chair and Doctor Professor Assistant of the Department of Clinical Medicine of the UMH
- Francisco Sellers, ginecólogo del Instituto Bernabeu y doctor por la universidad
- Vicente Gil Guillén, professor of the Departament of Clinical Medicine of the UMH,
- Joaquín Llácer, gynecologist of the Instituto Bernabeu and PhD student of UMH Clinical Medicine program
What are the objectives of the Chair of Community Medicine UMH and Reproductive Health?
The main purpose of the Chair is to promote training, research and dissemination of this discipline.
To do this, it aims to develop research, training, and sharing knowledge. The Instituto Bernabeu acquires the commitment to carry out the economic founds to carry out activities in the framework of the own chair. Through anannual business plan, under supervision of the Advisory Council, will be reflected.
What is the agreement of the Chair of Community Medicine UMH and Reproductive Health about?
During 3 years will have entry into force the agreement between the public university and the private entity. Also, it may be extended under the agreement of both parties.
Rafael Bernabeu, director of the Chair, says that “it’s an agreement that connects to the University and the Institute Bernabeu by the same objective which in his own view, and it will give many and very interesting fruits”.