The V Edition of the solidarity race of the Faculty of Medicine UMH has been in Sant Joan d’Alacant recently. Both the Vice President for Institutional Relations of the UMH, and the Mayor of Sant Joan and Sportrun, have worn shirts to support the event next March 10.
Who have signed the act of Solidarity Race of the Faculty of Medicine UMH?Mainly, the University institution and the City Hall of the Alicante Town met to sign the agreement. Their representatives were:
- Miriam Hurtado Pomares, Assistant Vice-Rector of Institutional Relations of the University Miguel Hernández (UMH) and
- Jaime Joaquín Albero, major of Sant Joan d’Alacant.
When will it take place the race?
Basically, the sport and charity event will take place on 10 March in the town of Sant Joan d’Alacant (Spain).The race will start in l’Ordana square:
- 10:00 am. 5 and 10 km;
- 11:15 am. 4×400 m. relay,
- 12:00 am. a march of 3 kilometers with opportunity to bring a pet
- 12:30 am. children race.
Who are the organisers?
Mainly, the solidarity race is organized by the Faculty of Medicine of the UMH, in collaboration with the Department of Sports of the City Hall of Sant Joan d’Alacant and Sportrun.
What are the objectives of Solidarity race of the Faculty of Medicine UMH?
Fundamentally, the main objective focuses on enhance and promote inclusion and standardisation of disabled sports. Both persons with or without disabilities as those older than 6 years may be part of the race of Sant Joan d’Alacant.
The presentation was attended by:
- Alicia Sánchez Pérez, Dean of the Degree of Occupational Therapy of the UMH;
- Santiago Román Gómez, Councillor for Sports in the Town of San Juan de Alicante and
- Alicia López Ruiz, student of Occupational Terapìa Degree at UMH
Therefore, the V Solidarity Race of Medicine UMH has beneficial purposes. 100% of the collection, through the registration process, will be allocated to NGOs, associations and foundations.