Last Tuesday May 12 began in the Casa de Cultura the town of Sant Joan d’Alacant (Spain) th V International Congress of students in Occupational Therapy UMH. The sessions were developed the days 12, 13 and 14 of this month and they are they have highlighted a number of issues of major relevance in the discipline.
The International Congress of Occupational Therapy becomes, therefore, a benchmark among students and national and international professionals of this discipline of Medicine and other related careers. The act is intended to complement and strengthen knowledge on the Health Sciences, techniques and own Occupational Therapy with all of their applications.
Activities, presentations, talks, workshops, etc. are some of the components that comprise the V Congress of Students in Occupational Therapy in this its fifth edition. Among the most noteworthy activities they would be:
– Occupational Therapy with animals: taught by the professor Aurora Carbonell. On 13 may, 4:30 am. In this activity, the use of dogs as technical assistance in Occupational Therapy will be treated and shows with animals will.
- Rare diseases
- Cognitive stimulation in the deterioration and dementia
- EThe use of dogs as a form of technical assistance
- Early care and family-centered practices
- Socio-labour insertion into mental health
- The treatment of children with severe behavior disorders
The event was organized by the students of the degree of Occupational Therapy of the UniversityMiguel Hernández of Elche, Spain, (UMH) and it started at 8:30 am. with speeches of various professionals.
The opening of the 5th International Congress of students of Occupational Therapy led him to charge:
- Virginia Stoffel, President of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), and Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (USA)
You can download the program of the event aquí